On March 4, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister (CM) Trivendra Singh Rawat presented the State Budget 2021-22 with an outlay of INR 57, 400 Crores. The budget put more emphasis on infrastructure development, health, rural infrastructure, employment generation and education.
- The budget estimate for 2021-22 was 7.23% higher than the estimate for the current fiscal (2020-21).
- Revenue Expenditure in 2021-22 – INR 44, 036.31 Crore
- Capital Expenditure – INR 13, 364.01
- Fiscal Deficit – INR 8, 984 Crore (3.23% of the estimated Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP))
Sector Wise Allocation
|Infrastructure Development||INR 6, 000 Crores|
|Medical, Health & family welfare||INR 3, 800 Crores|
|Education||INR 1, 400 crores|
|Farming sector||INR 484 crore|
|Environment||INR 455 crore|
- CM declared Garasain as the 3rd commissary of the state including Chamoli, Rudraprayag, Almora & Bageshwar districts. At present, there are 13 districts between Kumaon & Garhwal divisions.
- INR 87.56 Crore under Traditional Agriculture Development Scheme to double farmers’ income by 2022.
- INR 25 Crore under new Chief Minister Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana under which green fodder will be provided to women at cheap price from ration & fair price shops.
Allocations for Central Scheme
- INR 954.75 crore for creation of assets under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana.
- INR 272 Crore under Mahatma Gandhi Employment Guarantee Act 2005, (MGNREGS), INR 94 Crore for National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM).
- INR 1, 154.62 Crore for Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan.
- INR 153.7 crore for Right to Education Act.
Major Mountains – Nanda Devi (India’s 2nd Highest mountain after Kangchenjunga), Kamet, Sunanda Devi