On February 27, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched ‘Gharoki Paachan, Chelik Naam’ scheme (Daughter’s name is a home’s identity) programme. Initially the scheme has been launched in Nainital and later is set to be extended to the entire Uttarakhand.
- He also launched several development schemes worth INR 42 Crore in Nainital Uttarakhand.
- As part of the development works, the catchment area of Sukha tal Lake will be revitalized & will undergo beautification process.
- The works on the Sukha tal lake will serve as a recharge to Nainital Lake & also add towards tourist attraction at Nainital
- The Uttarakhand government is also working towards women empowerment & 32, 000 women groups of the state have been linked with self-employment to make them self-reliant.
- The state government is also set to implement many public welfare schemes for the benefit of the youth.
Recent Related News:
i.On October 8, 2020, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched the Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana at the Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Auditorium in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Dams – Kalagarh Dam (on river Ramganga), Tehri Dam (India’s Tallest Dam).
Rivers – Alaknanda River, Sarayu River, Pindar River