U.S. National Academy of Engineering (NAE) has primed the 4 Indian-Americans to be a part of its new list of 80 members for their valuable contributions to the society.
Here is the list of selected Indian-Americans:
Anil K. Jain
An IIT-Kanpur alumnus was elected for his contributions to the field of engineering and practice of biometrics.
- He is a professor in the department of computer science and engineering at the Michigan State University in East Lansing.
Dr. Arati Prabhakar
Dr. Prabhakar was elected for her contributions to advance semiconductor and information technologies.
- She is the director of US Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in Virginia.
Mr. Thakur was elected for his contributions in the implementation of integrated reservoir management techniques.
- He is the president of Thakur Services Inc. in Houston, Texas.
Dr. K.R. Sridhar
Dr. Sridhar was elected for his contributions to transport phenomena and thermal packaging of electrochemical systems and generation of clean, reliable and affordable power.
- He is the principal co-founder and chief executive officer of Bloom Energy Corporation in California.
- He also contributed to NASA Mars programme.
About US National Academy of Engineering:
Established in 1964, National Academy of Engineering is a private non-profit organisation in the US. It is a part of National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.
- New members are elected by current members based on their achievements in original research.
- President – Daniel Mote, Jr.