Aparna Kumar UP cadre IPS officer become the country’s first civil servant to scaled Mount Vinson Massif, the highest peak in the Antarctica.
About Aparna Kumar
- She is the first civil servant to mount the highest peak.
- She joins Uttar Pradesh Police Service UP IPS in 2012 batch.
- Aparna, posted as DIG telecom in Lucknow and she begin her mount on January 5th on the Antarctica expedition with a 10 member team of mountaineers from various countries.
- She accomplishes this magnificent feat on January 17.
- Aparna did her best and make our country proud by his work.
- She fearless mount in difficult surroundings including -35 degrees temperatures and chilling icy winds blowing at 100km/hour to complete the tough task.
- She will be back to India on February 5
- She has also scaled the highest mountain peak of South America ‘Mount Aconcagua’ and the highest mountain peak of European continent Mount Elbrus earlier height 18,510 feet.
- She has also scaled Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania in August 2014, the highest peak in Africa and the Carstensz Pyramid peak in West Papuan province of Indonesia, the highest peak in Australia and Oceania region.
- She was awarded with the ‘Rani Lakshmi Bai Puraskar‘ by chief minister Akhilesh Yadav for her achievements and for being a role model to women In March 2015.
- She was also awarded the special DGP Commendation Disc for her achievements