On occasion of the 71st Foundation Day of Uttar Pradesh (UP) or Uttar Pradesh Diwas (recognized as state on January 24, 1950), Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched ‘Udyam Sarathi’ an mobile app for the Youths of UP to explore self-employment opportunities. It has been developed under the One District One Product (ODOP) Scheme of Uttar Pradesh as per Government’s vision of ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas and Sabka Vishwas’.
Note – The first UP Diwas was celebrated in 2018.
- To provide all information related to self-employment opportunities to the Youth.
- Main objective of the UP Government is to transform the state as the most developed state in India with the highest employment rate.
- Aims to benefit women and farmers who are looking for opportunities in self-employment under ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas and Sabka Vishwas’.
iii.Functions of the app:-
- To Provide information regarding business opportunities in various departments & sectors of State and Central Government.
- Information on Assistance by State Government & expert opinions on businesses
- Details on the process of loan availability for youths to start self-employment
- It will also provide details on market availability, information regarding business models, and strategies for development.
iv.Other initiatives launched by UP CM:-
- ‘Abhyudaya’ – Free coaching facility programme to assist students preparing for competitive exams like NEET, IIT JEE, NDA, CDS & UPSC examinations.
- ‘UP Garav Samman’ – Citizens who bring honour to the state of UP will be awarded each year
v.Awards conferred during the event,
- Laxmibai Awards – to sportswomen
- Laxman Awards – Sportsmen
- Gokul Awards – To Milk Producers
- Vishwakarma – To Workers & artisans
- Scholarships to around 1.43 Lakh students
Recent Related News:
i.On December 15, 2020 Yogi Adityanath, CM of UP launched a first of its kind campaign called ‘Varasat’ (natural succession) to end property and related disputes in rural areas of the state.
About Uttar Pradesh:
RAMSAR Sites – Sur Sarovar, Sarsai Nawar Jheel, Samaspur Bird Sanctuary
Port – Varanasi Multi-Modal Terminal or Varanasi Port