Chief Guests: Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu and Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah
- South India First Underground metro – East-West corridor of Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL)
- On occasion of unveiling the project, Chief Minister of Karnataka expressed that Governments attempted to provide better infrastructure in Bengaluru and required further assistance from the Union Government
Phase II of Namma Metro
Cost incurred: Rs.26,405 crore and with the State Government contribution of Rs.9,000 Crore
- Target year: 2020
- Phase III is in progress
- BMRCL aims to facilitate 20 lakh commuters to take the Metro in the future.
- Chief Minister insisted to reduce the traffic in Public roads, he appealed the public to avoid personal transport and make use of public transport.
- 12 km underground stretch
- Passes through Vidhan Soudha, the GPO, Cubbon Park and High Court
- 1000 of government employees working in Namma Metro link
- Stretch from Baiyappanahalli to Nayandahalli and fare has been fixed at Rs.40
- Commute on wheels from Mysuru Road in the west to Baiyappanahalli in the east
- Vasanth Rao, General Manager at BMRCL
- The phase II of the project, a 72 kilometer long network, is estimated to be completed by 2020
The website ‘RailYatri.in’ came out with a study comparing the work progress of Delhi Metro and Bangalore Metro and estimated that the Phase II of the Bangalore project will be completed only in 2032 or 2033.