Union Education & Skill Development Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan & Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Virendra Kumar Jointly launched various initiatives under the New Education Policy (NEP)-2020. They are
- The booklet on the 1-year NEP-2020 Achievement document.
- Virtual School of the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- Release of ‘Priya-The Accessibility Warrior’- Accessibility booklet developed by the NCERT & the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
- National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN) Bharat (Foundational Literacy & Numeracy) FLN tools & resources on DIKSHA (Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing)
- Alternate Academic Calendar of the National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT)
Virtual School of NIOS, a first of its kind Initiative
i.The School is a 1st of its kind Initiative in India for providing advanced digital learning platforms through Virtual live classrooms & Virtual labs
ii.It will be a new model of learning & an example of technology and Innovation facilitating greater Inclusion in Education.
Priya-The Accessibility Warrior
i.Government’s commitment to promote accessibility led to the development of the E-Comic cum Activity Book, titled – ‘Priya- The Accessibility Warrior’.
- A girl named Priya who met an accident and could not walk, due to plastered leg. The story depicts how Priya managed to participate in all activities at school, and in the process learnt the importance of the accessibility.
ii.It is developed jointly by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Department of School Education and Literacy.
iii.The comic book is also available with Indian Sign Language (ISL) explanatory videos.
About NIPUN Bharat Mission
It aims to ensure that every child in India attains foundational literacy reading, writing, and numeracy by the end of Grade 3, by 2026-27.
i.Purpose – To cover the learning needs of children in the age group of 3-9 years.
ii.The mission has been launched under the aegis of the centrally sponsored scheme of ‘Samagra Shiksha’ and will be implemented by the Department of School Education and Literacy.
iii.NIPUN Bharat FLN tools and resources has been made available under a separate vertical for FLN resources developed under DIKSHA to assist and mentor States/UTs and teachers for implementing NIPUN Bharat guidelines.
Alternate Academic Calendar of NCERT has been developed to facilitate teachers and parents to evaluate the progress of learning ability of children.
About Ministry of Education
Union Minister – Dharmendra Pradhan (Rajya Sabha, Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State (MoS) – Annapurna Devi Yadav (Koderma, Jharkhand)