On 10th December, 2020 Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the Rs.266 crore 3 lane 1.5 km long Koilwar Bridge over Sone river in Bihar through video conferencing. Construction of the 6 lane Bridge to connect Bihar and Uttar Pradesh through road.
i.3 lanes of the total 6 were opened for the public after the inauguration.
ii.The bridge is aimed at reducing the traffic on NH-922 and NH-30.
Highlights of the Event:
The 6 lane Bridge replaces the 138 year old 2 lane bridge
The Ministry approved the construction
- 4-lane elevated road from Bharauli (Buxar) to Haidaria for providing connectivity to the Poorvanchal Expressway.
- Widening of 70-km Mokama- Munger road.
- 4-laning of Muzaffarpur- Sitamarhi-Sonewarsha road (NH-77) to connect Jakanpur Dham.
Minister Announced that Rs.30000 Crore projects are undertaken in Bihar.
i.7-km four lane Koshi bridge worth Rs 1478 crore planned to get completed by 2023.
ii.4 km long Rs 1110 crore, Vikramshila bridge to be completed by 2024.
iii. Other 2 lane bridge over Ganga river in Patna by 2021.
- This bridge will provide an alternative route of 250 km which takes 6 to 8 hours for travel. The tender for 6 km Rs 1900 crore Sahibganj bridge connecting Bihar and Jharkhand has been issued, and the construction is scheduled to complete by September 2024.
- Work on the remaining two-lane bridge over river Ganga in Patna will be completed by 2021. A sum of Rs 1742 crore is being spent on reconstruction of this 5.5 km. bridge.
Wildlife Sanctuaries in Bihar- Valmikinagar Wildlife Sanctuary, Bhimbandh Wildlife Sanctuary, Kaimur Wildlife Sanctuary
Nicknames of Cities-
Muzaffarpur- The land of Leechi
Gaya- City of Enlightenment
Nalanda- City of Knowledge