Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, made a four-day visit to Australia from August 20-23, 2022, to deepen Indo-Australian ties and to explore the connect, collaborate and cooperate elements of education and skill development.
Spotlight Events During His Visit
Dharmendra Pradhan Co-Chairs 6th Meeting of Australia-India Education Council 2022
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan met with his Australian counterpart, His Excellency Jason Clare, and co-chaired the 6th meeting of the Australia India Education Council (AIEC) 2022 at Western Sydney University (WSU) in Australia.
- The Ministers decided to make education a major component of the India-Australia Comprehensive Strategic Partnership at their bilateral meeting.
i.The Australian delegation was invited by Dharmendra Pradhan to attend the 7th AIEC meeting in India in 2023.
ii.On the sidelines of the 6th meeting of AIEC 2022, an announcement was made on the formation of a working group on transnational education between India and Australia.
- It is intended to foster opportunities for two-way mobility of institutions and to develop a shared understanding of the regulatory frameworks in India and Australia.
iii.India has established Gati Shakti University (in Vadodara, Gujarat) and Digital Universities (in Kerala and Rajasthan), through which the two nations can collaborate on developing curriculum and other features.
iv.In Sydney, Australia, he visited TAFE NSF, a leading provider of education and training & the University of New South Wales (UNSW).
v.Furthermore, he took part in the “VET: Policy Dialogue on Developing Skills for the Future” held at the Kangan Institute, Docklands, Melbourne in Australia.
Dharmendra Pradhan Took Part in ‘Dialogue with Group of Eight’ In Melbourne, Australia
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan held discussions with academic leaders of the top Group of Eight (Go8) Australian universities, in order to establish successful research partnerships between Australia and India.
- Addressing the gathering, the Minister underlined Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s phrase of ‘Jai Anusandhan’, which he added to the slogan ‘Jai Jawan, Jai Kisaan, Jai Vigyan’ on his India’s 76th Independence Day speech in 2022.
- He also emphasized the need of evidence-based research and the PM’s phrase “Lab-to-Land” and “Land-to-Lab”, in order to ensure progress, welfare, and well-being of mankind.
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan Participates in G20 Education Ministers’ Meeting 2022 In Bali, Indonesia
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan attended the Group of Twenty (G20) 4th Education Working Group Meeting & Education Ministers’ Meeting 2022 in Bali, Indonesia, from August 31 to September 1, 2022.
- Host of the meeting: Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology, Republic of Indonesia.
Dharmendra Pradhan, who represented India as the G20 troika co-chair, delivered the welcome address at the G-20 Education Ministers’ Meeting under the theme “Recovery, Re-imagine and Rebuild Stronger.”
Genesis of G20 (Group of Twenty)
Following the Asian financial crisis, the G20 was established in 1999 to bring together the Finance Ministers and Central Bankers of 20 of the major developed and developing nations.
The G20 is made up of 19 countries and the European Union. The 19 countries are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, France, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the UK, and the US.
- The 2022 G20 Presidency – Indonesia
- G20’s current chairman – Joko Widodo, President of Indonesia.
- The 2021 G20 Presidency – Italy
- The 2023 G20 Presidency – India
G20: Ministers Hold Talks to Strengthen Education Cooperation
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan conducted bilateral talks with his counterparts from other nations while attending the G20 4th Education Working Group Meeting and Education Ministers’ Meeting 2022 in Bali, Indonesia. The Ministers are as follows:
- Dr. Mohamad Maliki Bin Osman, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, Second Minister for Education & Foreign Affairs, Singapore.
- Dr. Ahmed Belhoul Al Falasi, Minister of Education and MoS for Entrepreneurship and SME, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Victor Godoy, Minister of Education, Brazil.
- Dr. Bonginkosi Emmanuel “Blade” NZIMANDE, Minister of Higher Education, Science & Innovation, the Republic of South Africa.
Strengthening the Education 2030 agenda, he also had a one-on-one interaction with Stefania Giannini, Assistant Director-General (ADG), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- He also visited the Gusti Bagus Sugriwa University in Bali, as well as the International Institute of Tourism and Business (Institut Pariwisata dan Bisnis Internasional).
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan urges citizens to participate in National Curriculum Framework survey
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan invited citizens to take part in the National Curriculum Framework (NCF) Citizen Survey to help create a new curriculum.
- The survey Digital Survey for National Curriculum (DiSaNC) is collecting suggestions and feedback from the public at large to obtain inputs for formulation of the NCF.
The NCF will play a significant role in achieving Viksit Bharat, in accordance with the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 (NEP 2020).
- On July 29, 2020, the Government of India (GoI) unveiled the NEP 2020, which calls for the creation of a National Curriculum Framework (NCF) to improve the quality of the educational system.
The survey is being conducted in 23 languages, including those listed in the Schedule VIII of the Indian Constitution.
Recent Related News:
In July 2022, the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) attended the 3rd FMCBG Meeting 2022 under Indonesia’s G20 Presidency in the Finance Track, which officially began as a hybrid event in Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia.
i.Host of the 3rd G20 FMCBG Meeting 2022 – Mulyani Indrawati, Finance Minister of Indonesia and Perry Warjiyo, Governor of Bank Indonesia.
ii.The 4th G20 FMCBG Meeting will be held in October 2022 in Washington DC, USA.
About Republic of Indonesia:
The Indonesian Parliament has passed a law to relocate its capital from Jakarta to East Kalimantan. The new capital will be called Nusantara.
President – Joko Widodo
Currency – Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
Prime Minister – Anthony Albanese
Capital – Canberra
Currency – Australian dollars (AUD)