On September 18, 2019, Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched various initiatives of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) in New Delhi.
- Initiatives: The initiatives are Facilitation through Margadarshan and Margadarshak, Model Curriculum for Diploma Courses, Waste Management Accelerator for Aspiring Women Entrepreneurs (WAWE Summit 2019) and 360-degree Feedback of Faculty.
- Margadarshan initiative: Under this scheme, institutions having good accreditation record/ highly performing institutions are provided funding upto Rs. 50 lakhs per institution over a period of three years in instalments for carrying out various activities. For FY 2019-20, amount of Rs 6.45 crore is sanctioned to 26 institutions.
- Margdarshak initiative: Under this scheme, mentor teachers or Margdarshaks are identified and they will guide the mentee institutions to get accreditation by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). Their tenure will be initially for 6 months but extendable on year on year basis.
- 360-degree Feedback of Faculty: AICTE 7th Pay Regulation defines the process of collecting the 360-degree Feedback Data that will be submitted by the education institutes.
- WAWE Summit 2019: The WAWE Summit will be held in November-December 2019 which will be jointly organized by the AICTE and Institute of Waste Management (IIWM) at Jaipur, Rajasthan. Theme will be ‘Make your own bag’. It will be the largest gathering of young women students to promote entrepreneurship in waste management.
♦ Formed: November 1945
♦ Headquarters: New Delhi
♦ Chairman: Dr. Anil Sahasrabudhe
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification