On July 21, The Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched MANODARPAN initiative of HRD Ministry virtually in New Delhi. The initiative provides psycho-social support to students, teachers and parents and addresses their issues related to mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- It is a part of the ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’, to strengthen human capital and increase productivity and initiatives in the education sector.
MANODARPAN website: http://manodarpan.mhrd.gov.in/
Components included in MANODARPAN:
- Advisory Guidelines for students, teachers and faculties.
- Web page on the MHRD website, carries advisory, practical tips, videos, FAQs and an online query system.
- National Toll-free Helpline: 8448440632 accessible from 8 AM to 8PM. It is managed by experienced counselors/ Psychologists and other mental health professionals.
- Handbook on Psychosocial Support: Enriching Life skills & Wellbeing of Students to be published online. The booklet will cover ways to manage emotional and behavioural concerns during the pandemic and beyond.
- Interactive Online Chat Platform by psychologists and other mental health professionals for students, teachers, and families.
- Webinars, audio-visual resources including videos, posters, flyers, comics, and short films to be uploaded as additional resource materials on the webpage.
About Ministry of Human Resource Development:
Union Minister- Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
Minister of State- Sanjay Dhotre.
Recent Related News:
i.On 23rd June 2020,Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched “YUKTI 2.0” – (Young India combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation 2.0) to support the startups incubated in the institutes of higher education over the virtual platform.
ii.On June 12, 2020, Shri Rajesh Bhushan launched a National Healthcare Supply Chain Portal, ‘Aarogyapath’ (https://www.aarogyapath.in) to provide real- time availability of critical healthcare supplies with the involvement of manufacturers, suppliers and customers.