On May 15, 2020, Union HRD (Human Resource Development) Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank e-Launched print as well as e-editions of the set of 7 titles on “Psycho-Social Impact of pandemic & lockdown and how to Cope With” under the corona studies series published by National Book Trust (NBT), India. These books will serve as guides to mental well-being of people at large.
i.The launching ceremony was followed by an e-interactive session with researchers/ authors of NBT Study Group.
ii.About Corona Studies Series: The Corona Studies Series has been especially conceptualized by NBT to document and to provide relevant reading materials for all age-groups for the post-Corona readership needs prepared by a Study Group comprising of seven psychologists and counsellors constituted by NBT.
iii.The titles of the books were launched following the study of various aspects based on the Psycho-social impact on 7 different segments of the society through personal interviews, case studies and community perceptions based on the response to the on-line questionnaire floated through the website and other social media handles of NBT, India.
iv.The Study, which was conducted and analyzed between March 27 and May 1, 2020, finds the ‘fear of infection as the greatest source of anxiety followed by financial and domestic issues’.
v.Study group has recommended ‘strengthening of the Preventive Mental Health component of the National Mental Health Programme’ as a long term strategy to prepare a resilient and well-adapted post-Corona society, along with physical health, and socio-economic adaptability.
vi.7 titles of book:
- Vulnerable in Autumn: Understanding the Elderly (Lead Researchers: Jitendra Nagpal and Aprajita Dixit, Illustrator: Aloy Ghoshal).
- The Future of Social Distancing: New Cardinals for Children, Adolescents and Youth (Lead Researchers: Aprajita Dixit and Rekha Chauhan, Illustrator: Partha Sengupta).
- The Ordeal of Being Corona Warriors: An Approach to Medical and Essential Service Providers (Lead Researchers: Meena Arora and Sonie Sidhu, Illustrator: Saumya Shukla).
- New Frontiers At Home: An Approach to Women, Mothers and Parents (Lead Researchers: Tarun Uppal and Sonie Sidhu, Illustrator: Arya Prahraj).
- Caught in Corona Conflict: An Approach to the Working Population (Lead Researchers: Jitendra Nagpal and Tarun Uppal, Illustrator: Fazruddin).
- Making Sense of It All: Understanding the Concerns of Persons With Disabilities (Lead Researchers: Rekha Chauhan and Harsheeta, Illustrator: Viky Arya).
- Alienation And Resilience: Understanding Corona Affected Families (Lead Researchers: Harsheeta and Meena Arora, Illustrator: Neetu Sharma).
vii.Seven videos complementing the book also launched along with the books, which gives an overview of the content.
National Book Trust (NBT) is an Indian publishing house, founded in 1957 as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Education, Government of India (GOI). NBT now functions under the aegis of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, GOI.
Chairman– Govind Prasad Sharma.
Headquarters– Vasant Kunj, Delhi.