The First ever National Entrepreneurship Awards 2016 was presented by the Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh at Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi on January 30, 2017. Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Minister of State (I/C) for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship was the guest of honour on the occasion.
- The National Entrepreneurship Awards was instituted by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MoSDE) to recognize and honor the entrepreneurial spirit of India’s youth and encourage more and more young Indians to become entrepreneur.
- The awards were given in 11 different categories divided into two groups: Award Track and Recognition Track.
- Agri, Food, & Forestry Products – Wow Momo Foods Private Ltd
- Chemicals, Pharma, Bio and other processed material – Saral Design Solutions Private Limited
- E-commerce, Logistics, Transport & other Services – JETSETGO Aviation Services
- Engineering Services – Swadha Energies
- IT &ITES, Financial – Lucideus Tech
- SC/ST – JeevAnksh Eco Products Private Limited
- Women – S V Engineering and Consultancy Services
- Education institute – RSETI, Karnataka
- Incubator – TREC-STEP Tiruchirappalli Regional Engineering College- Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Park
- Mentor (Government Sector) – Dr. Harkesh Kumar Mital, Head, National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board, (NSTEDB), Department of Science &Technology, Govt. of India.
- Mentor (Private Sector) – Mr. Pradeep Gupta, Chairman, CyberMedia Group
The winners were selected through a 3 stage selection process. Each winning individuals/ enterprises won prize money of Rs. 5 lakh while winning organizations won Rs. 10 lakhs
- The MSDE had partnered with various reputed institutions across India to create this award system. Each year different institute would play lead role to host the award show. The institutes include Indian Institute of Technology (IIT – Delhi, Mumbai, Kanpur and Chennai), Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai and XLRI, Jamshedpur.