The Union Government has unveiled Model Building Bye-Laws, 2016 for granting permission for construction of buildings. It was released by the Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi.
Aim: Online single window framework to provide approval for construction of buildings
- Model Building Bye-Laws, 2016 intends to improve ease of doing business regarding issuance of construction permits.
- The time limit for all kinds of single window approvals is 30 days and if it is not done by the concerned agencies within this time-frame then it will be deemed as approved.
- Different set of environmental conditions are provided for each category of building ranging from 5000 square meters to 1.5 lakh square meters.
- Urban local bodies (ULBs) will have the power the monitor the environmental concerns in their region.
- The provision of rain water harvesting for various types of buildings has been mandatory
Points to note
- Model Building Bye laws was proposed previously in 2004
- Urban development Minister– Venkaiah Naidu
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification