- Union Government, to connect Indian Railway with Bangladesh through the North-East for laying of 15.06 km sanctioned 1000 crore rupees on JULY 25,2015.
- The entire project will be constructed by IRCON and this Indo-Bangla Rail link will be completed by 2017.
- Trough this project, it connects AGARTHALA with AKHAURA railway junction in Bangladesh and this project will reduce the distance 1650 km to 515 km(Agarthala to Kolkata).
- It will improve the trade and commerce between the North-East region on India and Bangladesh.
- Out of 15.06 km,five km falls in Indian territory and the rest in Bangladesh and 3.7 km would comprise of elevated corridor.
- Bhowmik said that the alignment and other technicalities of laying the 15.06-km track to link Agartala with Bangladesh’s Akhaura railway station has been changed by top engineers and railway officials.
- This approval is made after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Premier Sheikh Hasina discussed it during Modi’s Dhaka visit June 6-7.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification