Narendra Modi’s government launched the Swachh Bharat campaign in October, 2014.Since then various initiatives have been taken by the government to improve the cleanliness of the nation. As a part of it, the fund for Swachh Bharat Khosh is mobilized with 370 crores by the government.
Swachh Bharat Khosh– It is a fund created to support the various cleanliness programmes across the nation
Fund collected: 365 crores from Corporates and 5.95 lakhs from individuals and total fund as on January 31 is 369.74 crores
Projects funded under the scheme:
- The funds are used for achieving the objective of improving cleanliness levels in rural and urban areas including in schools.
- For construction of toilets funds to the extent of Rs 359 crore have been released to various state level implementing agencies during December 2014 to January 2016.
Points to note
- Utilisation certificate for Rs 1.09 crore have been received from state implementing agencies of Sikkim and Tripura
- The release of funds is governed by Swachh Bharat Kosh Operational Guidelines
- The costing of projects to be financed by SBK is guided by cost norms of Centrally Sponsered Schemes (CSS)