Union Government initiated grid-connected wind energy projects targeted at producing 1,000 MW clean power
The scheme is organised by The Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
The wind power is being provided to the non-wind erected states through bidding at various prices.
Features of the Scheme:
- Progression among project sizes
- effective e-bidding
- e-auctioning processes
- Satisfies the necessity of non-windy states regarding Non-Solar Renewable Purchase Obligation
- The bidding forecasts for the year 2016-2017 upto 1,000 MW capacity
- The power capacity should not be less than 25MW which is mentioned by the SECI for each and every developer during tender process
Universal Rankings for the Wind power Technology
India’s Ranking in Wind Power is positioned at 4th position.
The top three places are occupied by the countries namely
- 1st Position – China
- 2nd Position – United States
- 3rd Position – Germany
- Central Government targeted 175 GW power capacity from renewable energy resources by the year 2022
- The usage of cheap gases and coal will drops to 41% to 60% of renewable energy attracting 7.8 trillion dollars by 2040.
- Solar Energy Corporation of India is comes under the control of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE)
- Accountable for implementation of Viability Gap Funding schemes for large-scale grid-connected projects under JNNSM (Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission)
- Solar park scheme and grid-connected solar rooftop scheme
- Managing Director: Dr. Ashvini Kumar
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification