Recently, the Union Ministry of Indian Overseas Affairs MOIA in combination with Tamil Nadu Government launched the Migrant Resource Centre MRC in Chennai. In India already there are three such MRC’ s and with the recent one in Chennai it totals to four now in India.
- The first MRC was founded in Kochi, Kerala in the year 2008 by MOIA. It was followed by MRC’s at Hyderabad (Telengana,Andhra Pradesh) , Gurgaon (Haryana) and now in chennai.
Migrant Resource Centre MRC will provide the following
- Councelling on all aspects of employment in foreign countries that includes legal and regulatory needs, procedures and documents needed, policies and problems faced while working in foreign countries etc.
Functions of MRC
- It would spread information on safe and legal migration.
- Information about the status of Recruiting Agents and other service providers would be publicized.
- Registering and responding to the complaints within redrrssal forum of MOIA.
- Other councelling support through email or telephone etc.
Migrant Resource Centre,Chennai Address—
- Commissionerate of Rehabilitation & Welfare of Non-resident tamils,
- 4th floor, Ezhilagam Annexe Building,
- Beach Road,
- Chepauk Chennai-600005
- Tamil Nadu
- Working Hours– 10am to 5pm( on working days)
- Information services available at [email protected],
- Phone number– 1800113090 (toll free) .
Ministry of Indian Overseas Affairs MOIA– some details
- It is dynamic ministry dedicated to multitude of Indian nationals in foreign countries.
- Established in May 2004.
- Its headquarters is in New Delhi
- It is headed by Cabinet Minister.
- Its 4 services are Diaspora Services, Financial Services,Emigration and Management Services.
- The ministry also involved in the promotion of trade, education, culture, health, science and technology etc.
- It also sponsors Pravasi Bharatiya Divas ( Non-resident Indian Day) formed in 2003