The Union government has launched the Centralized Delhi Police Railway Helpline No.1512.
It was launched by Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary.
About Helpline number
- It will serve as a very useful mechanism for rail passengers.
- The passengers now can file complaints and make suggestions from moving trains without deboarding.
- Any person can make calls on this all-India Helpline Number from anywhere across the country.
- An FIR will be lodged on fax/email and copy of the FIR sent to the complainant through fax/email/post.
- It will deal with cases related to problems faced by passengers at Railway Stations and on moving trains.
- Cases can also be lodged on Police Control Room No.100 and the Delhi Police Railway’s dedicated WhatsApp No. 875081512 where related Photos and Videos can also be received.
- A phone call on 1512 from anywhere in India will land in the concerned Control Room of State Government Railway Police (GRP), thereby leading to swift response to attend the distress call.
- This service provides single number on a pan-India basis for GRP related issues.
The Delhi Police has also initiated interstate coordination meetings to evolve measures for passengers’ safety and redressal of grievances of the public and also to share information relevant to other states.