Union Government nods Rs.9,005 crore investment in reasonable housing of 73,205 houses in 3 States for Economically Weaker sections under Prime Minister’s Awas Yojana
3 States: Maharashtra, Punjab and J&K
Ministry: Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA)
Sanctioned by: Dr. Nandita Chatterjee, Secretary (HUPA)
Committee: Inter Ministerial Central Screening & Monitoring Committee
The first affordable housing sanctions of these three States sanctioned under PMAY (Urban).
Sanctioned in Maharashtra
- Total Houses: 71,701
- Total Cost incurred: 8,932 Crore with central assistance of Rs. 1,064 Crore
- Total Cities: 10
- Virar, Kalyan, Thane, Gothegar, Mumbai Metropolitan region – Wave, Palghar, Pen, Nilaje Pada, Raygad and Kelawali
Sanctioned in Punjab
- Total Houses: 1,280 houses
- Region: Slum Redevelopment in Bhatinda
- Total investment: Rs.57 Crore for which central assistance of Rs.12.80 Crore
Sanctioned in J&K
- Total Houses: 224 houses
- Total investment: Rs.16.07 Crore with central assistance of Rs.3.36 Crore
- Region: Udhampur and Baramullah
The total investment approved for affordable housing under Prime Minister’s Awas Yojana (Urban) so far has gone up to Rs.43, 922 cr for construction of 6,83,724 houses for urban poor with total central assistance commitment of Rs.10,050 cr.
Prime Minister’s Awas Yojana
- The present Government of India had rechristened as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana from ‘Housing for All’ scheme.
- Launched by the Prime Minister of India on 25th June 2015
- The target beneficiaries of the scheme would be poor and people living under EWS and LIG categories in urban establishments of the country.
- Under PMAY (Urban) launched in June last year, construction of 2 crore houses for urban poor by the year 2022 is targeted.