- Union Government has launched NOWCAST weather alert system and Crop Insurance web portal for the benefit of farmers. The new initiatives were launched by Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh at a function held in New Delhi.
- The Mission Mode Project in Agriculture under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP-A) aims to achieve rapid development of agriculture in India through the use of ICT by ensuring timely access to agriculture related information for the farmers of the country.
- NOWCAST weather alert system will provide free SMS service alerts on extreme weather conditions over their mobiles.
- The free SMS alerts will be sent in Hindi, English and regional languages as per farmers’ request. It will be issued to farmers whose mobile phones are already registered on the government’s mKisan portal.
- NOWCAST service will be taken from India Meteorological Department’s (IMD’s) 146 weather stations. Apart from these stations, 17 doppler radars of IMD will also provide information in this SMS service.
- A new web-based Portal (www.farmer.gov.in/insurance) will be used to create awareness and encourage farmers to insure their crops by 4 scheme.
- Modified National Insurance Scheme (MNAIS).
- National Agriculture Insurance Scheme (NAIS).
- Weather based Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS).
- Coconut Palm Insurance Scheme (CPIS).
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
error: Alert: Content is protected !!