We present to you United Insurance Assistant exam GA questions and analysis held on 30 August, 2015. So that you can understand the difficulty level of the exam. Find below the review of full paper.
General Awareness – Questions were easy. Most questions were asked from Current Affairs.7-8 Questions on Insurance.Good attempt – 30-35.
Question asked in GA (Both Shift) :
1. Rural Development Minister Chaudhary Birender Singh launched ______, a compilation of all schemes of both Central and State governments for Gram Panchayats.
Answer – Samanvay
2. India will become populous country by
Answer – 2022
3. RBS is to deliver their private banking sector to which company?
Answer – Sanctum Wealth Management
4. Who is the author of the world famous book The Alchemist?
Answer – Paulo Coelho
5. NICL has foreign branch at
Answer – Nepal
6. The Grammy award winner, who died recently, was
Answer – Lynn Anderson
7. The Patratu Thermal Plant is situated in
Answer – Jharkhand
8. Kumbha Mela was held in
Answer – Nashik
9. The Largest Insurance Company in India is
Answer – LIC
10. The National Handloom day is observed on
Answer – August 7
11. Recently Financial times was acquired by
Answer – Nikkei
12. Who is the winner of Ramanujan Award 2015?
Answer – Amalendu Krishna
13. RBI issued Rs ____ coins on Yoga day.
Answer – Rs 10
14. The headquarters of LIC is at
Answer – Mumbai
15. National Insurance Academy is located at
Answer – Pune, Maharashtra
16. Joshna Chinappa is associated with
Answer – Squash
17. What is the capital of Mozambique?
Answer – Maputo
18. FIPIC Summit of 14 Pacific island nations in ______
Answer – Delhi, India
19. The 48th ASEAN Summit was held in
Answer – Malaysia
20. Recently BNP Paribas acquired
Answer – Sharekhan
21. _______ University to be Named After President APJ Abdul Kalam
Answer – Uttar Pradesh Technological University
22. Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation insures
Answer – Bank Deposits
23. Social worker _______ and former AIIMS official Sanjiv Chaturvedi won the Ramon Magsaysay awards for “enterprising leadership” and for exposing corruption respectively.
Answer – Anshu Gupta
24. Suez Canal pass through which country?
Answer – Egypt
25. Krishnapatnam port is in
Answer – Andhra Pradesh
26. Sar utha ke jiyo is the tagline of
Answer – HDFC Life
27. Hiroshima Day is observed on
Answer – August 06
28. The committee associated with IRDA
Answer – Malhotra Committee
29. Capital Adequacy Ratio is
Answer – Ratio of a bank’s capital to its deposit
30. Chief Economist of IMF?
Answer – Maurice Obstfeld
31. Who is the current Chief Minister of Haryana?
Answer – Manohar Lal Khattar
32. What is the currency of Sri Lanka?
Answer – Rupee
33. Diamond and Jewelery business of Royal bank of Scotland aquired by which Bank?
Answer – IndusInd
34. Writer of Book ” Monk who sold his Ferrari “?
Answer – Robin Sharma
35. Pamarthy Shankar, a cartoonist working with the prominent Telugu newspaper ‘Sakshi’, has won the Grand Prix World Press Cartoon 2014 Award for sketching of _____
Answer – Nelson Madela
36. Who won the bronze medal for india in gymnastic?
Answer – Dipa karmakar
37. UK-based Willis Group Holdings, the third largest insurance brokerage in the world, has re-entered in india, tied up with which delhi based company _____
Answer – Diamond
38. RBI direction to banks to lend farmer not less than the average of last how many years _____
Answer – 3 years
39. What is the currency of Mozambique?
Answer – Mozambican Metical
40. International Yoga Day, or Yoga Day, is celebrated on _____ and was declared so by United Nations General Assembly on December 11, 2014.
Answer – June 21
41. England-based Willis Group Holdings, the third largest insurance brokerage in the world, has re-entered the Indian market by picking up 49 per cent stake in the ——based Almondz Insurance Brokers.
Answer – New Delhi
42. Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB) on 21 July 2015 launched a mobile bankingapp named _____.
Answer – Kotak Bharat
43. Hirakud Dams built across the Mahanadi River, about 15 km from Sambalpur in the state of _____ in India.
Answer – Odisha
44. What is the Capital of Sri Lanka?
Answer – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
45. The Reserve Bank notified government’s decision to raise foreign direct investment (FDI) limit in the insurance sector to _____ per cent.
Answer – 49
46. The proposed Rs.20,000-crore National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) will function as a sovereign wealth fund like Singapore’s _____ and operate at ‘arm’s length’ from the government.
Answer – Temasek
47. Noted Hindi litterateur ____ has been chosen for the state’s highest literary award, Bharat Bharti.
Answer – Kashinath Singh
48. Cabinet approved setting up of an expert group to classify the ____ data of the Socio Economic and Caste Census (SECC), 2011.
Answer – Caste/Tribe
49. The Vindhyachal Thermal Power Station is located in Singrauli district in the Indian state of ______
Answer – Madhya Pradesh
50. Who has launched a new product, ‘Smart Humsafar’, a plan which offers multiple benefits of savings and insurance cover for husband and wife under a single policy?
Answer – SBI Life Insurance
51. Kolkata’s _____ will host the final of the ICC World T20, to be held in India from March 11 to April 3, next year, across eight cities.
Answer – Eden Gardens
52. The New India Assurance Co. Ltd., based in _____, is one of the five Wholly Government of India owned assurance companies of India.
Answer – Mumbai
53. Vivek Agnihotri’s political satire Buddha in a Traffic Jam won the Best _____ in a Foreign Language Award at the Madrid International Film Festival.
Answer – Original Screenplay
54. Jindagi k sath bhi jindagi k bad bhi Tagline of _____
Answer – LIC
55. DOT Report on what ?
Answer – Significant Rulemakings
56. Reinsurance company ____
Answer – GIC
57. Bureau of Indian Standard(BIS) Headquarter _____
Answer – Basel, Switzerland
58. The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $300 million loan to support the government’s flagship program, the __________ that is aimed at improving the health status of the country’s urban population.
Answer – National Urban Health Mission (NUHM)
59. Who is a Bharatiya Janata Party politician, currently serving as Minister for Finance, Corporate Affairs, Information, and Broadcasting, in the Government of India and also as Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha?
Answer – Arun Jaitley
60. Who is currently the Head of Delhi Commission for Women ?
Answer – Swati Maliwal
English Paper– It was easy. Questions on Reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, finding the error, Para jumbled, cloze test, spell check.Questions were asked directly.Good attempt- 33-36.
Numerical Ability– Moderate – Simplification were easy and calculative. Easy questions on series.Data Interpretation (1 Set – 5 Questions). Miscellaneous questions were easy but time taking.Good attempt- 30-35.
Reasoning– Easy – Questions from syllogism (5), Puzzle – circle facing centre (5), north facing (5), inequalities – (5), direction test (5), blood relation (5), alphabetic series (5),coding-decoding (5).Good attempt – 36-40.
Computer Knowledge– The easiest of all.Good attempt 35-39.
Moreover paper was easy.Overall good attempt 163-183 out of 200.Best of Luck to all ..:)