Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) has been ranked as the World’s Top Public/Private Business Incubators in the 2nd edition of the UBI Global World Rankings of business incubators and accelerators (World Ranking Report 21/22). KSUM was honoured for its role in making Kerala a vibrant Startup hub.
- The honour for the same was jointly received by the Secretary (Electronics & IT), Kerala, Rathan U Kelkar, and KSUM Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Anoop Ambika during the UBI Global World Rankings 2021-2022 event held as part of the World Incubation Summit in Ghent, Belgium.
- This report presents the Rankings and Recognitions derived from the World Benchmark Study 2021-2022 conducted by UBI Global, a Swedish-based innovation intelligence company and community. This is the 6th iteration of the study.
- The study attracted incubators and accelerators from more than 90 countries to self-assess their performance and impact for analysis, study, benchmarking, and ranking by UBI Global.
Note: Previously in 2019, UBI Global recognized KSUM as the world’s No. 1 public business accelerator.
Other 1st Rankers:
|Public/Private Business Incubator||Kerala Startup Mission(KSUM), India|
|Public/Private Business Accelerator||EIT Health Accelerator, Europe|
|University Business Incubator||İTÜ Çekirdek, Türkiye|
|University Business Accelerator||Interuniversity Microelectronics Centre (IMEC) Belgium|
Established in 2006, KSUM is Kerala Government’s agency for promoting entrepreneurship in Kerala. It implements the Kerala Technology Startup Policy and supports the startup ecosystem through schemes and programs. It fosters technology-based entrepreneurship and builds the necessary infrastructure for high-end startup businesses.
- Its innovative programs, such as the virtual incubation program ‘Fail Fast or Succeed’ (FFS), physical incubation support for start-ups at different stages, and systematic funding mechanism, have played an instrumental role in gaining the above mentioned global recognition.
About World Benchmark Study 2021-2022:
It analyzes the impact and performance of business incubators and accelerators. Participating programs are studied according to four distinct groups: University, Public, Private, and Corporate.
- It assessed more than 600 incubators and accelerators from over 90 countries by utilizing 21 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that form the base of the subcategory scores.
Developed as an output of the World Benchmark Study, the UBI Global world and regional rankings help incubation programs understand their competition and their place in the global innovation ecosystem.
The assessed programs were compared by utilizing 21 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that form the base of the subcategory scores.
Recent Related News:
i.ICICI Bank Limited (ICICI Bank) has unveiled “Startup Ecosystem Banking,” a comprehensive suite of digital and physical solutions to meet all of the banking needs of startups at various stages of development.
ii.India became the world’s third-largest start-up economy and also crossed the 100 unicorn mark in 2022. India now ranks behind the United States of America (USA) (661 unicorns) and China (312 unicorns).
About UBI Global:
CEO and Co-Founder– Ali Amin
Headquarters– Stockholm, Sweden
Founded in 2013