A two-year-old girl archery prodigy Cherukuli Dalli Shivani from Vijaywada achieved a stunning feat by setting a new record and entering her name into the India Book of Records.
Points To Remember:
- Shivani is the sister of late Indian coach and international archer Cherukuri Lenin who died in a road accident soon after 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games.
- She became the youngest Indian to hot 36 arrows each from five metres and seven metres to score 388 points.
- Shivani’s father, Cherukuri Satyanarayana, who runs the academy in memory of his late son Lenin, said that her daughter will now attempt to enter her name into the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Reports said that Shivani was conceived through surrogacy after the death of her brother Lenin.
- She was trained at the Volga Archery Institute run by her father Ch Satyanarayana.
“I am sure that my daughter will represent India one day and then I will be a proud father,” her father said.