According to Forbes, inaugural list of Americas 50 richest self made women, two Indian-origin women have made it to the list and shares the honours with Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Media Moghul Oprah Winfrey and singer Beyonce.
India born Neerja Sethi with net worth of 1.1 billion USD has been placed at 14th while London-born Jayshree Ullal at 30th place with 470 million net worth.
- Ms Neerja Sethi aged 60, co-founded IT consulting and outsourcing firm Syntel with her billionaire husband Bharat Desai in 1980.
- In the first 16 years of Synte’ls operation, Ms Neerja served as its treasurer and is presently vice president of corporate affairs, a role she had since the company’s inception as per a release from Forbes .
- Ms Neerja and her husband Bharat pledged $ 1million in 2014 to the University of Michigan to develop a start-up accelerator.
- Ms Jayshree Ullal London born and raised in New Delhi, became President and CEO of Arista Networks.
- The firm Arista Networks had emerged as silicon valleys most valuable networking firms.
- Ullal is one of ” Americas wealthiest female executives” according to Forbes.
- Ms Ullal had donated funds to a family foundation created in the honour of her sister who died due to cancer in lungs.
- Many entrepreneurs,CEOs, entertainers, designers, author find their names in the Forbes first ever list of nations top 50 most successful self-made women as measured by their networths.
- At the age of 31, Elizabeth Holmes ,a Stanford dropout launched blood testing firm Theranos in 2003.
- She is also world’s ‘youngest female billionaire’ with net worth of $ 4.5 billion.
- Other famous personalities in the lists include Eren Ozmen, chairman of Sierra Niveda, the biggest female owned female contractor in USA, creator of American Girl dolls Pleasant Rowland.
- Prolific novelist Nora Roberts and Martine Rothblatt a transgender women who founded and runs biotech firm United Therapeutics.
Forbes– some details
- It is a American business magazine owned by Forbes Inc.
- Headquarters is in New York City.
- Editor-In-chief is Steve Forbes.
- CEO is Mike Perlis.
- Subjects like technology, science, law, finance, industry,investing are also reported by Forbes.