In accordance with the study by hotel search website “trivago”, four Indian cities namely Wayanad (Kerala), Rishikesh (Uttarakhand), Amritsar (Punjab) and Jaisalmer (Rajasthan) have featured in the top 100 list of high quality services in hotels, in terms of giving the best value for money.
- In the fourth edition of trivago Best Value Index, scaling up to 100 lists the best combined score on consumer rating and average hotel price.
Top 5 cities
|2||Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina)||97.22%|
|3||Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)||97.17%|
|4||Novi Sad (Serbia)||96.99%|
Positions and Percentage of Indian cities
- Wayanad has secured 9th position in the world with a score of 36%.
- Rishikesh has made it to the 13th position on the list with a score of 24%.
- Holy city Amritsar has featured again on the index, securing 22nd position with 70%. Last year, the city stood at 6th position with a score of 96.52%.
- The city of royals and forts has seen a drop from last year, when it was at 12th position with a score of 96.37%.
As per report
- Wayanad was famous among the locals and people coming from within the state, but recently it has become an attraction point for more pan-India travellers as well as foreign travellers.
- Rishikesh has been known only for religious importance, but recently it has emerged with many adventure sports activities and also gaining significance in the western society as “World Yoga Capital”.
Trivago is the largest online hotel search site, comparing rates from over 9, 00,000 hotels on over 250 booking sites worldwide.
Establishment – 2005
Headquarters – Dusseldorf, Germany