On April 04, 2021, the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs(MoTA) has launched “Sankalp se Siddhi” a Village & Digital Connect Drive.
- Sankalp se Siddhi – It is a 100-day drive which is starting from April 1, 2021, which aims to cover a total of 1500 villages in the country (around 100 villages in each region) in the next 100 days by making 150 teams (10 in each region from TRIFED & State Implementation Agencies/Mentoring Agencies/Partners).
Objective: The main aim of this drive is to transform the tribal ecosystem across the country and activate the Van Dhan Vikas Kendras (VDVKs) in all tribal villages.
- In February 2021, TRIFED has made its regional officials across the country identify villages with a significant tribal population and has set up a base in those villages till 31st March 2021.
- Once the VDVKs are activated in the 1500 village through the drive, Rs 200 crore Sales is targeted during the next 12 months
- The visiting teams under the drive will also identify locations and shortlist potential VDVKs for clustering them as TRIFOOD, and SFURTI units.
- SFURTI (Scheme of Fund for the Regeneration of Traditional Industries)-Ministry of MSME has launched this scheme in the year 2005 with the view to promote Cluster development.
- TRIFOOD – It is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, the Ministry of food processing industry and TRIFED. It was launched under Van Dhan Yojana in August 2020.
TRIFED’s other initiatives for Tribal sections:
i.Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Minor Forest Produce (MFP):
- MSP for MFP is a flagship scheme of the MoTA. It aimed to provide fair prices to tribal gathers of forest products through marketing.
ii.Van DhanYojana or Van Dhan Scheme:
- It was launched on 14th April 2018 as a component of the ‘MSP for MFP’ scheme.
- The scheme led to the set-up of tribal community owned Van Dhan Vikas Kendras (VDVKs) in forested tribal districts.
- VDVKs is for providing skill upgradation and capacity building training.
- It is a 100% Central Government Funded scheme with TRIFED providing Rs.15 lakhs for every 300 members of Van Dhan Kendra.
- A Kendra is constituted of 15 tribal SHGs, each comprising of up to 20 tribal NTFP gatherers or artisans i.e. about 300 beneficiaries per Van Dhan Kendra.
Points to be Noted:
- Until March 2021, 77 Van DhanKendras have become operational and have launched their products.
- Manipur emerged as the Champion state of the Van Dhanprogramme since its launch.
- The first VDVK was set up in Bijapur District, Chhattisgarh
Recent Related News:
Team TRIFED, and its Managing Director, Pravir Krishna won Four Awards in the 19th Global Edition & 4th India Edition of the World Leadership Congress and Awards. TRIFED won the Collective Award of Excellence in PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) for investment in startups under the Organisational Award Category.
Pravir Krishna won 3 awards in the Individual Category for his leadership – ‘CEO of the year’, ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ (both under ‘Business Leader of the Year’ category) & ‘Brand Builder of the Year’ (under Health Category).
About Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED):
Establishment – August 1987 under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 1984
Headquarters – New Delhi
Managing Director – Pravir Krishna