Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED), the commercial wing of Ministry of Tribal Affairs has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Farm Forestry Development Co-operative ltd (IFFDC) to promote Livelihood Generation of Tribal People.
Pravir Krishna, Managing Director of TRIFED & S.P. Singh, Managing Director of IFFDC signed the MoU.
i.As part of the Agreement,
- The 2 organisations will organise training programmes for Tribal Artisans to develop their entrepreneurship skill & business development.
- They will collaborate to identify & implement Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives & Tribal Development efforts.
- IFFDC will assist TRIFED in the promotion of Tribal Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs)
- They will also provide training to TRIFED promote, linked Community Organisations & members.
- Any other activity which will strengthen tribal livelihoods & entrepreneurship development will be included in the agreement.
ii.Other areas of association between the 2 entities have also been identified, and IFFDC will promote Primary Farm Forestry Cooperative Societies (PFFCS)/Self Help Groups (SHGs) & Community Based Organizations (CBOs) linked with TRIFED for collection and marketing of Non-Timber Forest Products & Minor Forest Produce (NTFP/MFP).
Recent Related News:
i.On the Occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi (October 2, 2020), Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda virtually launched ‘Tribes India E-Marketplace’ (market.tribes india.com), which is India’s largest handicraft and organic products marketplace.
About Indian Farm Forestry Development Co-operative ltd (IFFDC):
Chairman – Umesh Tripathi
Headquarters – Gurgaon, Haryana