Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Tribal Co-operative Marketing Federation of India (TRIFED) is in motive to promote the livelihood of the tribal artisans through marketing and provide support to tribal products across the country through various initiatives. As a part of initiatives,
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Shri Arjun Munda E-launched new Tribes India Outlet at the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport or also called International Airport, Guwahati in Assam.
- TRIFED and Shree Swarnam Divine Products Private Limited (DIVINITI) made an MoU to create a strong market for tribal products in New Delhi.
Highlights of Initiatives: –
TRIBES India showroom: – Union Minister for Tribal Affairs virtually inaugurated the 126th TRIBES India showroom in Guwahati,Assam.
“TRIFED-DIVINITI Premium Range”: –
- TRIFED and Shree Swarnam Divine Products Private Limited (DIVINITI) made an agreement in areas of research on future product sourcing and development, packaging and marketing of tribal products.
- “TRIFED-DIVINITI Premium Range” – This partnership aimed to create market leading products and to be labelled as “TRIFED-DIVINITI Premium Range”.
- “TRIFED – DIVINITI Premium Range” products will be marketed in all Tribes India Outlets, e-marketplace, Corporates, Government, and PSUs.
Other programs of Tribal Empowerment
i.Through Atma Nirbhar Abhiyan, “Go Vocal for Local” and other programmes of Ministries will plan to expand the retail operations of local products including Tribal produce across the country.
ii.Inclusive development (Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas) is the main objective of Indian for the development of all sections, including tribal who form a major part of the underprivileged.
Other Participants: –
Smt. Renuka Singh, Minister of State for Tribal Affairs, Shri Ramesh Chand Meena, Chairman, TRIFED, Smt. Pratibha Brahma, Vice Chairman, TRIFED, Shri Pravir Krishna, Managing Director, TRIFED and Director, Airport Authority of India, Guwahati
About Tribal Co-operative Marketing Federation of India (TRIFED)
TRIFED was established in August 1987 under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 1984 by the Government of India as a National level Cooperative body.It is a national level cooperative body under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India.
Managing Director – Shri Pravir Krishna
Joint Secretary, Ministry of Tribal Affairs – Shri Naval Jit Kapoor