On October 3, 2019, on the 3rd edition of “Paryatan Parv 2019″, the tourism ministry secretary Shri YogendraTripathiin New Delhi, launched an audio guide facility app “Audio Odigos” for 12 sites of India inclusive of iconic sites, for benefiting tourists. A Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) for Delhi’s GolGumbad (15th-century domed tomb from the Lodi dynasty period) with the Government of Delhi and Resbird Technologies were signed in developing the tourism amenities in presence of Director General(DG) of Archaeological Survey of India(ASI) Smt. Usha Sharma.
- The app has been developed on the lines of MoU signed between the Ministry of Tourism and Resbird Technologies in 2018 under which they have developed the audio guide app as a part of their CSR (Corporate social responsibility).
- 12 sites: The 12 sites for which the Audio Odigos can be used are Amer Fort in Rajasthan, ChandniChowk, Red Fort, PuranaQuila, Humayun’s tomb in Delhi, FatehpurSikri, Taj Mahal in Uttar Pradesh, Somnath and Dholavira, Gujarat, Khajuraho in Madhya pradesh, Mahabalipuram in Tamilnadu and Mahabodhi Temple in Bihar.
- Audio Adigo features: Through this app which offers govt.of India’s verified content, the users could experience historical insights of India’s cultural heritage. It has an inbuilt map, for navigation purposes. The app which is available in all android and iOS(i-Operating System), has audio features that could be chosen in preferred languages.
- Under the tourism ministry’s ‘Adopt a Heritage, Apni Dharohar Apni Pehchan’ scheme,which is a collaborative effort among the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and ASI, the 26th MoU was signed during the event. This scheme aims to promote tourism amongst all stakeholders for active participation in promoting tourism.
- Previously, 42 Letters of Intent (LoI) have been issued to 38 agencies for a total of 106 sites and 25 MoUs have been signed with 12 agencies for 23 sites and two technological interventions under the project across India.
About tourism ministry:
Headquarters- New Delhi
Minister of State (independent charge)-Prahlad Singh Patel
Director General – Smt. Meenakshi Sharma