DRDO (DEFENCE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATION), has provided the INDIAN NAVY with three new naval systems to enhance its operation.This was handed over by our Defence minister in-charge Mr. Arun Jaitely and accepted by our Chief of Naval staff Mr. Sunil Lanba
- About Rs 2.56 lakh crore has been allotted for these system and Rs 1 lakh crore has been used in past two years.
- In addition to that, IP based secured phone and gallium nitride technology has also been released
These naval system include
- USHUS –II SUBMARINE SONAR
- DIRECTING GEAR FOR HULL-MOUNTED SONAR ARRAY
- INTERNAL NAVIGATION SYSTEM FOR SHIP APPLICATION
USHUS –II SUBMARINE SONAR
It is an integrated sonar system developed by Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory of the DRDO
- It is primarily designed to be used in Sindhughosh class submarines
- It is mainly used for detecting and tracking enemy submarines, surface vessels, torpedoes and avoid obstacles within few kms radius.
- It can also be used for underwater communication.
- The production of these sonar is done by Bharat Electronics (BEL)
DIRECTING GEAR FOR HULL-MOUNTED SONAR ARRAY
It is an electro-mechanical system that supports the transducer array of hull-mounted ship sonar systems.
- Hull-mounted ship sonar systems includes Wide Aperture Receive Array covered by acoustic transparent sonar dome and a powerful transmitter
- It also includes Highly advanced Signal Processor module for active and passive
- Built in Training Simulator (TS) enables training of operators on board the vessel.
Internal Navigation System For Ship Application
It is based on indigenous ring laser gyroscopes.It provides the vital information on the ship’s position coordinates and heading for steering it to its destination accurately.
- It is featured with high-speed processor, multi-constellation sat navigational receiver and ship specific interfaces.
- Its main advantage is it does not require any external references.
- In addition to that we can know about what is IP based secured phone and gallium nitride technology
IP based secured phone
It provides the high security features to voice and data transferred over phone.
- It incorporates an indigenously encrypted algorithm on a “trustworthy hardware platform”.
- The strategic and tactical plans of navy are highly secured by this system
Gallium nitride technology
It is mainly developed for the next generation radars, seekers and communication systems.
- Used majorly in light combat vehicles.
- It is also used for its High frequency, high voltage, high temperature, high efficiency properties.
DRDO – DEFENCE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATION
It is an agency of India, headquartered in NEW DELHI and headed by S. Christoper.
- It has the charge of all military’s research and developmental activities.
- Formed in 1958 by the merger of the Technical Development Establishment and the Directorate of Technical Development and administered by Ministry of defence.
It is one of the armed forces of India with 295 ships and 251 aircrafts
- The Chief of naval Admiral Sunil Lanba and vice chief Karambir Singh
- Headquartered in NEW DELHI
- It works with the motto “May the Lord of the Water be auspicious unto us”