On 5th May 2020, The Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee launched two schemes ‘Sneher Porosh’ to provide support for the migrant workers and ‘Prochesta’ to help the workers of the unorganised sector of Bengal to enable them to earn their living in the lockdown situation.
i.Prochesta Scheme is to provide daily wages to all the daily wage workers whose livelihood are disturbed because of the national lockdown.
ii.The scheme application submission commenced on 15th April 2020 and the last date for submission of the application is 15th May 2020.
iii.The eligibility criteria for applying for this scheme are,
- The applicant should be a resident of West Bengal state.
- The applicant should be a daily wage worker and a sole earning member of the family
- Should not be a beneficiary of any social scheme of the state
- Only one person of a family is eligible
- Should not have other source of income
iv.The application to the scheme can be done through online in the official site: prachestawb.in or the form can be obtained from the office of District Magistrate or Office of Commissioner of Kolkata Municipal corporation for free of cost or through the android mobile application ‘Prochesta Prokolpo’
v.The beneficiaries will benefit Rs 1000 directly to their bank account.
i.Snehera Parash scheme is to provide support for the migrant workers of West Bengal who are stranded in different parts of the nation.
ii.The scheme application submission commenced on 20th April 2020 and the last date for submission of the application is 3rd May 2020.
iii.The eligibility for applying for this scheme are
- The beneficiary should be a resident of West Bengal
- The persons who are stranded in the other parts of the country
- Should have a proof of residence in West Bengal like Khadyasathi number or Voter card number
iv.The migrant labours are required to submit the physical application forms.
v.The Jai Bangla Sneher Porosh App can be used to apply for the Jai Bangla 1000 Rs scheme for migrant workers.
About West Bengal:
Governor- Jagdeep Dhankhar
Chief Minister- Mamata Banerjee
Established- 1 November, 1956