The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), New Delhi signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Power System Operation Corporation (POSOCO), New Delhi for promoting research in the domestic power sector. The entities will work towards addressing the challenges of the Power Sector.
- To enhance the interaction between the industry-research bodies for knowledge sharing and capacity building through collaboration.
- To encourage research on issues related to the Indian power sector.
Action Plan under the MoU
- To develop power system simulation models
- Integrated resource planning which includes demand and supply on a short-term, long-term & medium-term perspective.
- To undertake preparation of joint reports & collaborate for capacity building of state utilities.
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI):
- It is an autonomous research institute situated in New Delhi.
- It specialises in the field of energy, environment and sustainable development.
Power System Operation Corporation (POSOCO):
- It is a fully owned Government of India enterprise under the Ministry of Power.
- It is responsible for ensuring the integration of Power Grid in an efficient & secure manner.
Recent Related News:
i.August 14, 2020, Flood Early Warning System (FEWS) , fully automated web-based tool was launched by The Energy and Resources Institute’s (TERI) in association with National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in Guwahati, Assam.
About The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
Chairman– Nitin Desai
Director General– Dr Ajay Mathur
Headquarters– New Delhi
About Power System Operation Corporation (POSOCO):
Chairman & Managing Director – K V S Baba
Head Office – New Delhi