The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) board had sent its Executive Vice Chairman Dr RK Pachauri on indefinite leave and had been appointed former finance secretary Ashok Chawla as its new chairman.
- Dr RK Pachauri is sent on indefinite leave and Ashok Chawla is appointed as its new chairman he was the former finance secretary.
- The TERI council also inducted Ajay Mathur as the new Director General, he will operate with full executive powers
- The leave to Dr RK Pachauri is given due to the multiple sexual harassment charges on him.
About The Energy and Resources Institute
- The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) was previously known as Tata Energy Research Institute.
- It was established in 1974.
- It is a research institute located in New Delhi.
- It conducts research work in the fields of energy, environment and sustainable development.
- The organisation’s activities include climate change, energy efficiency, renewable energy, biotechnology, and social transformation.
About RK Pachauri
- Rajendra Kumar Pachauriwas born 20 August 1940.
- He was the chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) from 2002 and resign in 2015.
- He was awarded with theNobel Peace Prize
- He resigned from IPCC amid allegations of sexual abuse of a junior colleague at the New Delhi branch of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
- He has been assigned a new, powerful position at TERI even though he stands accused of sexual harassment.