Telangana’s Finance Minister on Monday presented the state budget in the assembly, proposing an expenditure of Rs.1,30,415 crore for the financial year 2016-17.
Features of the budget
- Plan expenditure – Rs.67,630 crore
- Non-plan expenditure –Rs. 62,785 crore
- Revenue surplus – Rs 3,381 crore
- Fiscal deficit- Rs.23,467 crore
- Irrigation sector: The budget has allocated Rs.25,000 crore for the sector.
- An allocation of Rs 7,861 crore has been made for Palamuru lift irrigation project
- 6,286 crore for Kaleswaram project
- Rs 1,150 crore for Sitarama project
Points to note
- Telengana CM– Chandrasekhar Rao
- Telengana Finance minister– Etela Rajender
- Capital– Hyderabad