Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal laid foundation stone of the first Mega Food Park in Lakkampally village in Nizamabad district of Telangana which will give a boost to agro-processing.
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries has sanctioned 2 more Mega Food Parks to be set up in Khammam & Mahboobnagar districts of Telangana.
- The mega food park promoted by Smart Agro Food Park Pvt Ltd.
- Besides Mega Food Park, there will be 3 mini parks to set up at Medchal, Medak and Nalgonda districts of state and will linked with each other.
Project Area – 78 acres
Project Cost – Rs. 108.95 crore
Grant from Centre – 50 crore
Expected annual turnover – Rs. 500 crore
Benefits of Food Park
The Park is expected to provide direct and indirect employment to about 6000 people and benefit about 30,000 farmers in its catchment area.
- After completion the park will have facilities of 5000 MT Multi Commodity Cold Storage, 5000 MT Raw Material Warehouse, 5000 MT Finished Good Warehouse, 5000 MT Grain Silos, 500 MT Deep Freeze, 20 MT/day Turmeric Processing Facility and modern food testing lab.
- It will process grains like maize, rice, oil seeds like soyabean, vegetable crops like tomato, cabbage, cauliflower and fruits such as mango, papaya, citrus, guava and spices like turmeric etc.