On 6th February 2023, K T Rama Rao, Minister for Information Technology(IT) and Industries, the Government of Telangana, launched the Telangana Mobility Valley (TMV), India’s 1st mobility focused cluster with an aim to attract investments of around Rs 50,000 crore and generate more than 4 lakh jobs in the next 5 years.
- The TMV was unveiled during the Mobility Next Hyderabad Summit 2023 (1st edition) held at the Hyderabad International Convention Centre, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- The summit was organised as a part of the Hyderabad E-Mobility Week (5th to 11th February 2023).
About Telangana Mobility Valley(TMV):
i.The TMV will create a best-in-class infrastructure and make Telangana a destination for both manufacturing and Engineering Research & Development (ER&D) in India.
ii.The TMV aims to facilitate the companies across all segments of sustainable mobility including Electric 2-Wheelers, 3-wheelers, 4-wheelers, Advanced Cell Chemistry and Hydrogen fuel cells, Tier 1 and Tier 2 Component manufacturers and Auto Engineering R&D companies among others.
iii.The government of Telangana is developing 4 mega clusters in and around Hyderabad – EV manufacturing clusters in Zaheerabad and Seetharampur, an Energy Storage System(ESS) cluster in Divitipally and an Innovation cluster in Yenkathala.
- Yenkathala will house India’s most comprehensive shared testing and validation infrastructure which will include labs for EV powertrains, EV batteries, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and component test labs.
- The ESS cluster will have a “world-class infrastructure” to manufacture lithium-ion cells, cathode battery material and other components
i.The TMV also aims to promote mobility startups in Telangana. T-Hub, India’s largest innovation centre has signed an MoU with Plug and play to set up co-working and incubation space for startups.
ii.The Govt of Telangana is also organising a “Grand Start-up challenge’ as a part of the Hyderabad E-mobility Week to identify and support entrepreneurs with innovative ideas.
During the event, 3 Memorandum of understanding(MoUs) were announced,
i.Automotive Test Systems (ATS) and TUV Rheinland of Germany, signed MoU with Telangana Government to develop and operate India’s 1st connected and automated vehicle(CAV) providing grounds and emerging technology testing labs at TMV, as a part of the cluster at Yenkathala, at an investment of Rs 250 crore.
- A special purpose vehicle (SPV) is being set up for this project which will also be supported by strategic investors. It is estimated that the investment will be upwards of Rs 220 crore.
- The technical centre will be established on 125 acres and focus on current and emerging technologies like Electric Vehicle (EV), CAV, hydrogen/fuel cells etc.
ii.Bosch Global Software Technologies Private Limited signed an MoU with Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (BITS Pilani) Hyderabad Campus and TMV to empower Telangana’s efforts towards exploring emerging innovations in New Mobility(emerging technologies like EV and CAV).
- The Center of Excellence(CoE) in relation to the MoU will be established at the BITS Pilani Hyderabad. This will help to deliver the desired results primarily by facilitating effective collaboration among various entities.
- Hyderabad will first city to house India’s first-ever CoE for New mobility.
iii.During the event, the Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge (TASK), established by the Government of Telangana, signed an MoU with Shell, one of the most diversified international oil companies.
Chief Minister– K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor– Tamilisai Soundararajan
National Park– Mrugavani National Park
Wildlife Sanctuary– Kinnerasani Wildlife Sanctuary; Pakhal Wildlife Sanctuary