On May 9, 2023, the Telangana government (Govt) launched ‘Telangana State Robotics Framework’, a first-of-its-kind policy in India, to provide a roadmap for the state to create a sustainable robotic ecosystem and be a leading state in the field of robotics.
- Telangana State Robotics Framework was launched by Kalvakuntla Taraka Rama Rao(KTR), Minister for Information Technology(IT) and Industries, the Government of Telangana at T-Hub Events Room, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- The framework was developed by the Emerging Technologies Wing of the ITE&C (Information Technology, Electronics and Communications) Department of Telangana in collaboration with the All India Robotics Association.
Focus Area: The framework focuses on leveraging robotics technology for the growth and development of four key domains such as agriculture, healthcare, consumer robotics, and industrial automation.
i. The state govt plans to set up a Telangana Robotics Innovation Centre (TRIC) to implement the framework.
- TRIC will focus on the key pillars of infrastructure access, business enablement, fostering research and innovation, development of a skilled workforce, and responsible deployment.
ii. A Robo Park is planned to be set up by the state to provide testing facilities, co-working options, and co-production/manufacturing options.
iii. The state govt also plans to establish a robotics accelerator to provide start-ups with incubation, infrastructure, authorisation support, market insights, investor connect, and mentorship support.
iv. The state government is planning to organise a Global Robotics Summit to showcase its growing robotics ecosystem and attract investments from across the world.
Telangana Signed MoUs to Enhance Robotics Ecosystem
During the event, the Telangana government signed memoranda of understanding (MoUs) with IIT (Indian Institutes of Technology)-Hyderabad, ART PARK(AI & Robotics Technology Park) Indian Institute of Science (IISC), GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL), AgHub (Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University(PJTSAU)) and All India Robotics Association (AIRA).
- Objective: The MoUs were signed to enhance the robotics ecosystem in Telangana and promote innovation, research, and growth in the field.
Existing Tech Frameworks:
The robotics framework is the 6th framework formulated and launched by the emerging Technologies Wing of the ITE&C Department.
The State has earlier launched five frameworks, covering the technology areas of Blockchain (2018), Drones (2019), AI (2020), Cloud Adoption Framework (2021), and SpaceTech (2022).
- A robot was deployed to co-host the launch event which was held at the T-Hub.
- T-Hub (Technology Hub) is an innovation intermediary and business incubator based in Raidurg, Hyderabad, Telangana
Recent Related News:
On 6th February 2023, K T Rama Rao, Minister for Information Technology(IT) and Industries, the Government of Telangana, launched the Telangana Mobility Valley (TMV), India’s 1st mobility focused cluster with an aim to attract investments of around Rs 50,000 crore and generate more than 4 lakh jobs in the next 5 years.
Chief Minister – Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao
Governor – Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan
Tiger Reserve – Amrabad Tiger Reserve