On March 18, 2021, Telangana Finance Minister T Harish Rao presented the State Budget for the FY 2021-22 with an overlay of INR 2, 30, 825 Crore. Major Allocations were made towards Agriculture, Roads, Transport, Power, Irrigation & other infrastructure development projects.
- It is a tax-free Budget
- Due to the adverse impact of COVID-19, the Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) of Telangana has declined from 13.5% in 2019-20 to 1.3% in 2020-21.
- The budget for 2020-21 was over INR 1.82 Lakh Crore.
- Revenue Expenditure – INR 1, 69, 383 Crore
- Capital Expenditure – INR 29, 046 Crore
- Fiscal Deficit – INR 45, 509 Crore
- Agriculture – INR 25, 000 Crore
- Panchayati Raj & Rural Development – INR 29, 271 Crore
- Irrigation Sector – INR 16, 391 Crore
- Allocation of Development fund of INR 5 crore to each MLA & INR 800 Crore for MLCs (Member of Legislative Council)
- INR 610 Crore allocated to construction of new secretariat complex at Hyderabad, Telangana.
CM Dalit Empowerment Programme
Allocation of INR 1, 000 Crore for overall development of Scheduled Castes.
- INR 11, 728 Crore for Aasara Pension Scheme
- INR 2, 750 Crore for Kalyana Lakshmi & Shadi Mubarak
- INR 11, 000 Crore for construction of double bedroom houses
- Allocation of INR 3, 000 Crore for providing interest-free loans to Women Self Help Groups.
Allocation for Development of Hyderabad
- INR 200 Crore allocated for Musi river rejuvenation
- INR 1000 Crore allocated for Hyderabad metro rail Project
- INR 14, 800 Crore for Rythu Bandhu, a financial assistance scheme for farmers.
- INR 5, 225 Crore for Agriculture loan waiver
- INR 1, 730 Crore for Animal Husbandry & INR 1, 500 crores for Mechanisation of Agriculture.
- INR 4000 Crore has been allocated for upgrading and modernizing schools run by the Telangana Government.
Chief Minister – K Chandrasekhar Rao
Governor – Tamilisai Soundararajan (currently given additional charge as LG of Puducherry)