The world’s leading brand valuation firm “Brand Finance” has rated India’s tech giant Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) as the world’s most powerful IT services brand its Brand Strength Index. The valuation firm has presented TCS with AA+ rating with a total score of 78.3.
- TCS also emerged as the fastest growing brand within its industry with a growth rate of 286% (2010-2016).
- Among other sectors, Disney was rated as the most powerful Media brand and Apple as the most valuable brand for 2016.
Headquartered in Mumbai, Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an Indian multinational information technology (IT) service, consulting and business solutions company.
- It is a subsidiary of the Tata Group and operates in 46 countries.
- TCS had a total of 58 subsidiary companies.
- In 2015, TCS is ranked 64th overall in the Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies ranking, making it both the highest-ranked IT services company and the first Indian company.
- It is the world’s 10th largest IT services provider by the revenues.
- Establishment – 1968
- Founder – J.R.D Tata
- CEO & MD – N Chandrasekaran
About Brand Finance:
Established in 1996, Brand Finance is an independent intangible asset valuation consultancy. It advises strongly branded organisations on how to maximise their value through effective management of their brand and other intangible assets.
- CEO – David Haigh
- The brand rating is calculated using Brand Finance’s ßrandßeta® on a scale ranging from AAA to D.