The 42-km Thiruvananthapuram City Road Improvement Project (TCRIP) has been conferred the Global Road Achievement Award (GRAA) 2015 by the International Road Federation (IRF) based in Alexandria, Virginia, US.
Minister for Public Works, V. K. Ebrahim Kunju and Project Director of Thiruvananthapuram Road Development Company Ltd, Anil Kumar Pandala received the award.
- The award was given under Urban Planning & Mobility category for the project executed by IL&FS Transportation Networks.
- The award was presented at the First IRF Europe & Central Asia Regional Congress in Istanbul, Turkey.
- The selection was made by an independent, international panel of judges with expertise across major road and highway disciplines.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL ROAD FERDERATION (IRF)
- The IRF is a non-governmental organisation that promotes the development and maintenance of roads, with focus on safety and sustainability.
- IRF’s Global Road Achievement Awards (GRAA) is a one-of-a-kind competition to recognize innovative road projects and exemplary people that place the road industry at the forefront of worldwide social and economic development.
The Thiruvananthapuram City Road Improvement Project (TCRIP) implemented by KRFB (Kerala Road Fund Board) which involves development of 42.537 kms of roads in the capital city and its maintenance for 15 years. The Concessionaire of the project is Thiruvananthapuram Road Development Company Limited (TRDCL).