The two-days (2015 September 9-10) Global Investor Conference inaugurated by state chief minister J. Jayalalithaa aimed at attracting investments into the state.
- Venue: Chennai Trade Centre, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Target: Rs. 1 Lakh Crore investment (US$ 16 billion)
- Participants: TN government, 3000+ candidates from 9 partner countries and 30 non-partner countries
- Partner countries: South Korea, Japan, Australia, Canada, France, Italy, Russia, UK, Singapore
- Connectivity Partner: Reliance Jio
|Department||No of MOU’s||Investment (Rs in crore)||Employment|
|Handlooms and textiles||10||1,955||65,010|
* More than 10,000 Medium and Small Industries have also entered into MOUs to invest Rs 16,533 crore in 32 districts of the state.
- HCL allocates $1 billion for investments in South Tamil Nadu.
- Yamaha to set up third plant in Tamil Nadu – trial run on now.
- TVS Motor Company announces that it would expand its footprint in Hosur
- TICEL Bio Park II to be set up
- Adani Group to invest about Rs. 15000 cr. – Rs. 20000 cr. in ports and power sector in the next five years.
The state government has nominated senior IAS officers of the state government as facilitators for each of the projects and they will be responsible for liaising with the investors and announced that the state will hold such meets every two years from now.