Being recognized as one of the world’s most iconic sights, the symbol of true love, an architectural brilliance and one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Taj Mahal, Shah Jahan’s gift to his wife Mumtaz now has its own Twitter account – @Taj Mahal.
- The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Akhilesh Yadav launched the official Twitter account on the Independence Day. As per The Uttar Pradesh Tourism department, the Taj Mahal had now become the first historical monument in the world to have its own Twitter account.
- According to tourism officials, the Twitter handle will help have a better interaction with tourists and the feedback would help address grievances. After the launch, within an hour, it had more than 2,000 followers.
- According to sources, initially, it was proposed to launch the Twitter handle from Taj Mahal itself, but the Archaeological Survey of India of Agra Circle had delayed the proposal citing security issues.
Facts About Taj Mahal:
- Located in: Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Commissioned by: Mughal emperor Shah Jahan
- Commissioned in: 1632
- Architect: Ustad Ahmad Lahauri
- Designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in: 1983
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification