Indore has emerged as the cleanest city in Government’s Swachh Survekshan 2018.
About Swachh Survekshan 2018:
Swachh Survekshan 2018 was organized by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), under the aegis of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban).
- Last year’s cleanliness survey (Swachh Survekshan 2017) was limited to 434 cities. Swachh Survekshan 2018 was the first pan Indian exercise to assess cleanliness in urban India as it covered 4203 cities.
- Under Swachh Survekshan 2018, assessment was carried out from January 4 to March 10, 2018.
- It is to be noted that this year’s Swachh Survekshan was different as compared to previous surveys, as higher weightage was assigned to the feedback from citizens based on their daily experience.
Swachh Survekshan 2018 – Results:
Results of Swachh Survekshan 2018 were announced on May 16, 2018 by Minister of State for Housing Hardeep Singh Puri.
- Indore was adjudged cleanest city in Swachh Survekshan 2017 as well. In Swachh Survekshan 2018, Indore is followed by Bhopal and Chandigarh.
- Among state wise performance, Jharkhand has been adjudged the best performing state followed by Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh.
- Based on the performance in Swacch Survekshan, 2018, awards will be conferred to 23 cities, 6 cantonment boards at National Level, 20 cities at Zonal Level and 3 states for best performance.
Swachh Survekshan 2018 – National Level Winners:
|Award||Category (in terms of population)||City Name|
|India’s Cleanest City – No.1||National||Indore (Madhya Pradesh)|
|India’s Cleanest City – No.2||National||Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)|
|India’s Cleanest City – No.3||National||Chandigarh|
|India’s ‘Cleanest big City’||Greater than 10 Lakh||Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh)|
|India’s ‘Fastest Mover’ big City||Greater than 10 Lakh||Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh)|
|India’s Best City in ‘Citizens Feedback’||Greater than 10 Lakh||Kota (Rajasthan)|
|India’s Best City in ‘Innovation & Best Practices’||Greater than 10 Lakh||Nagpur (Maharashtra)|
|India’s Best City in ‘Solid Waste Management||Greater than 10 Lakh||Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra)|
|India’s Cleanest Medium City||3 – 10 Lakh||Mysuru (Karnataka)|
|India’s ‘Fastest Mover’ Medium City||3 – 10 Lakh||Bhiwandi (Maharashtra)|
|India’s Best City in ‘Citizens Feedback’||3 – 10 Lakh||Parbhani (Maharashtra)|
|India’s Best City in ‘Innovation & Best Practices’||3 – 10 Lakh||Aligarh (Uttar Pradesh)|
|India’s Best City in ‘Solid Waste Management||3 – 10 Lakh||Mangalore (Karnataka)|
|India’s Cleanest Small City||1 – 3 Lakh||New Delhi Municipal Council|
|India’s ‘Fastest Mover’ Small City||1 – 3 Lakh||Bhusawal (Maharashtra)|
|India’s Best City in ‘Citizens Feedback’||1 – 3 Lakh||Giridih (Jharkhand)|
|India’s Best City in ‘Innovation & Best Practices’||1 – 3 Lakh||Ambikapur (Chhatisgarh)|
|India’s Best City in ‘Solid Waste Management||1 – 3 Lakh||Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh)|
|Cleanest State Capital/UT||Capital Cities/UTs||Greater Mumbai (Maharashtra)|
|Fastest Mover State Capital/UT||Capital Cities/UTs||Jaipur (Rajasthan)|
|Best State Capital/UT in Citizens Feedback||Capital Cities/UTs||Ranchi (Jharkhand)|
|Best State Capital/UT in ‘Innovation & Best Practices’||Capital Cities/UTs||Panaji (Goa)|
|Best State Capital/UT in ‘Solid Waste Management’||Capital Cities/UTs||Greater Hyderabad (Telangana)|
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification