Ministry of Tourism initiated the “Swachh Parayatan Mobile App”. This project is being implemented through Delhi eGovernance Society (DeGS) and National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- It has announced by Mahesh Sharma, Union Minister of State for Culture & Tourism (Independent Charge) & Minister of State for Civil Aviation during an event.
- This Mobile App is available on Google Search Engine as “Swachh Paryatan”.
This mobile app will be monitored by the Project Monitoring Unit of Swachh Bharat Mission in Ministry of Tourism.
- This app will enable general public to communicate their complaints about any unclean area piles in and around tourist destinations.
- 25 Adarsh Smarak Monuments protected by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) have been identified for inclusion in the app.
How application work?
This mobile app enables a citizen to take photograph of garbage at the monument and upload the same along with his/her remarks.
- The application then sends an SMS to the ASI Nodal Officer concerned with the monument upon receipt of which the Nodal Officer gets the garbage cleared/removed.
- The Nodal Officer thereafter sends confirmation about the redressal of the complaint through an SMS to the complainant.
The application will add more monuments after the enlargement of campaign.