A survey of corporate India by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) says the metals and mining, automobile and construction materials sectors lead in sustainable business practices. This survey lists leading Industries like Tata, Reliance, Mahindra and few others as Sustainable Business Practices.
Areas focused in the survey
The survey involves checking the environment, social and governance dimensions of business and measures the progress of Indian companies in adopting sustainable business practices
Companies listed in the survey
- Mahindra & Mahindra, Tata Motors, Hindustan Zinc, Vedanta, ACC and Reliance Industries
- These industries were given Platinum Rating
- Banking sector include the HDFC and Axis banks
- Tech Mahindra and Wipro represented the software and services sector
Companies under Sustainable gold plus
- Apart from the companies listed above, Seven other companies got a Sustainable Plus Gold classification
- These include Bajaj Auto, Ambuja Cements, Hindustan Unilever and Tata Steel
Flash light on the survey
- The Sustainable Plus survey looks at the 100 largest companies by market capitalization across 20 sectors in the country.
- 83 companies got Sustainable Plus bronze
- Social governance was the highest scoring point and environment occupied the least scoring category