Sumit Mazumder, the Chairman and Managing Director of TIL (Tractors India Pvt Ltd) has been elected as President of CII on april 7th for the year 2015-16 . He has succeeded the outgoing President Ajay Shriram,Chairman of DCM Shriram Consolidated Ltd.
Shobana Kamineni, the Executive Vice-Chairperson of Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Limited (AHEL) was elected as Vice-President of CII for the fiscal 2015-16. She currently heads the Apollo Pharmacy division of AHEL.
Dr Naushad Forbes, the Director of Forbes Marshall was elected as the President-designate of CII for the fiscal 2015-16.
Knowledge Is Wealth
CII (Confederation of Indian Industry), head quartered at New Delhi is an association of Indian businesses that promotes the growth of Indian industries by creating a friendly environment. New Presidents and coordinators are elected for each fiscal year to oversee its operations.
CII was founded in 1895; by 5 engineering firms and saw various name transformations to form Confederation of Indian Industry finally in 1992. The various name changes occurred for the necessity to strengthen the organization which are listed below
- 1895 – Engineering and Iron Trades Association (EITA)
- 1912 – Indian Engineering Association (IEA)
- 1942 – Engineering Association of India (EAI)
- 1974 – Association of Indian Engineering Industry (AIEI)
- 1986 – Confederation of Engineering Industry (CEI)
- Apollo Pharmacy with pan-india operations is the largest pharmacy chain in India.
- TIL is the manufacturer of material handling equipment in India with collaboration of world pioneer players.
- Forbes Marshall is the leading Steam Engineering and Control Instrumentation firm of India.