Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh presented the State Budget for the fiscal year 2016-17.
- More budget allocation to drought affected Agriculture sector
- Announcements to the Maoists affected Bastar Region
- Annual development plans at 70058 crores
- Estimated Gross State Domestic Product at 6 %
Pillars of development
- Infrastructure: 6101 crores for development of 13000 km roads, development of 786 rail routes with PPP model, to develop Jagdalpur & Raigarh airstrips as Airports
- Social sector: Cover under Mukhya Mantri Swasthya Bima Yojana increased to 50000, Mukhya Mantri Amrit Yojana introduced to provide flavoured milk to improve the nutrition of children.
- Agriculture : 200 Crores for Pratan Mantri Fasal Bhima Yojana,fund allocation increased from 173 to 2189 crores for irrigation projects
- Tax concessions: VAT on mobile phones reduced from 14% to 5%
Points to know
- Fiscal deficit-88%
- The state’s overall debt- to- GSDP ratio is the lowest among all states
- It has the Highest ratio of developmental expenditure to GSDP in the country