The Ministry of Finance has stated that Banks have sanctioned more than INR 25, 586 Crore (25,586.37 Crore) Loans to over 1.14 Lakh Accounts (Till March 23, 2021) under the Stand-Up India Scheme since its launch in 2016.Simultaneously, the government extended the validity of the Stand-Up India Scheme till 2025.
- Around 93, 094 loans worth ~INR 21,200.77 Crore have been sanctioned to women-led business enterprises under the scheme.
- INR ~3, 335.87 Crore have been sanctioned to over 16, 258 SC entrepreneurs & ~INR 1, 049.72 Crore has been approved for 4, 970 ST entrepreneurs.
- The main aim of the Stand-Up India scheme is to promote Entrepreneurship among Women, Scheduled Castes (SC) & Scheduled Tribes (ST) categories.
Stand-Up India Scheme
- It was launched in 2016 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It is anchored by the Department of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance, Government of India
- The scheme facilitates bank loans between INR 10 Lakh and INR 1 Crore to at least one SC/ST borrower and at least one-woman borrower per bank branch of Scheduled Commercial Banks.
- Loans under the scheme are available for only greenfield projects (First Time Venture of Beneficiary) in manufacturing, services or trading sector & agricultural activities.
- Repayment Period – Maximum of 7 years (including moratorium period upto 18 months).
- In the case of non-individual enterprises at 51% of the shareholding and controlling stake should be held by an SC/ST or woman entrepreneur.
- The margin money is reduced from ‘up to 25 percent’ to ‘up to 15 percent’ of the project cost.
- Minimum Age – 18 years
- Zero default history of borrowers to any bank/financial institution.
Recent Related News:
i.On February 10, 2021, SIDBI and COWE launched the “SwavalambanSashakt- Mega campaign” to encourage and create awareness about the Stand Up India (SUI) scheme.
About Ministry of Finance:
Union Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman (Constituency – Karnataka).
Minister of State – Shri Anurag Singh Thakur (Constituency – Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh).