Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar was honoured with Peru’s one of the highest awards ‘Grand Officer’ for social work and mission to deliver peace through his foundation The Art of Living.
The award titled “Medalla de la Integracion en el Grado de Gran Oficial” was conferred to Sri at Andean Parliament in Lima- The capital of Peru.
Art of living Service Initiatives in Peru
- The objective of The Art of Living in Perú involves promoting human values,fostering interfaith harmony, building communal unity, encouraging social responsibility and spearheading humanitarian causes.
- The Art of Living started its activities in the South American country of Perú in 2007 and about thousands have benefited from the Art of Living programs, public talks and workshops in schools, universities, companies and jails.
- For International Day of Yoga, along with India’s Embassy, The Art of Living organized a public workshop of yoga and a brief introduction to meditation in 6 districts of Lima and about 1000 people participated.
Social service projects by The Art of Living in Perú.
- Prison SMART (For trauma relief)
- Breath Water and Sound
- Mission Green Earth
- “Limpia tu playa, limpia tu mente” – service project in which volunteers develop campaigns for a clean beach while promoting meditation
- “Las Manos que Ayudan” – major service initiative held by The Art of Living volunteers launched in November 2013. Every Monday dozens of volunteers gather and prepare food for 150 people in need.